all in the details

5.26.2015

The first thing anyone notices in a bedroom is the bed.
For the past few years, people have been opting for upholstered headboards rather than the ones that match the remaining of their furniture. Totally understandable. It makes any bed look comfy and polished. It's much more comfortable to lean on when watching TV or reading. And it's just an overall prettier focal point.
When my husband and I got married 7 years ago, this trend had not hit yet. Therefore matching bedroom sets were still the way to go. We went with a 4 piece medium brown wood set. Bed, two night tables, and a dresser. Luckily the set itself is very nice and wood never goes out of style however the headboard has been bothering me. It just felt unfinished.
My problem is that I didn't want to remove and trash our current headboard because it is still a nice set, plus if ever we want to sell it, it would be nice that we have all the pieces. We also had no room to store it. So basically removing it was out of the question. So the only thing that came to mind was, "What if we made some sort of a box headboard that will go over our current one?...like a sock on a foot." Great idea right? Wrong! I searched high and low for someone who can do that for me but everyone thought I was weird. I thought it was a brilliant idea but whatever! I even considered making it myself but 1. Ain't nobody got the time for that. And 2. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I gave up :(
One day, someone posted this gorgeous photo of her work, tufted headboard, chairs, etc. on Facebook. I immediately contacted her to find out if hopefully she can bring my idea to life. And finally...MY DREAM IS POSSIBLE! It took a girl to make it happen..go figure :)
She came over, measured my bed, I chose my swatch, showed her a photo of a headboard I had in mind, took her suggestions and voila...in a matter of 8 weeks, I finally got what I wanted. She made a box with wings, tufted headboard in a gorgeous linen fabric, that fit right over the original headboard without damaging it. I couldn't be happier with the results! Working with Gina from OMG-Headboards was a joy. My husband and I are already thinking about working with her for an end-of-bed seating. 
 
 


4 Comments »

This entry was posted on 5.26.2015 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

4 Responses to “all in the details”

Marie a la Mode said...

Wow, beautiful headboard!

Marie a la Mode said...

Wow, beautiful headboard!

Cousin Becky said...

wow... it is beautiful!!!! Love the glam/lodge feel..

Cousin Becky said...

wow... it is beautiful!!!! Love the glam/lodge feel..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...